Thursday, July 3, 2008

Reading & Vocabulary: Your needs?

Next Wednesday, I'll be leading a seminar focusing on vocabulary and reading, mainly from a theoretical viewpoint. (In the afternoon, I believe Irene will be working with you on more practical aspects). I've already done a good deal of planning, but I'd like to hear from you. What do you already know? What have you often wondered about? What problems do you and your students have? What successes have you had? I look forward to hearing from you. Feel free to comment here or to send me e-mail at brett.reynolds@humber.ca

1 comment:

Hillsides said...

As a second grade teacher in high school, I usually use a textbook. But authors who wrote the textbook might have many limitations such as vocabulary, amount etc which were suggested by the govornment. I felt they quoted articles from somewhere and reduced and changed much to fit limitations. It means that the flowing of article is not good(smooth). Sometime it is hard to understand the articles. I think that reading a textbook is not a good idea. What do I do with the textbook?