Friday, June 20, 2008

Introduction

Welcome to Humber!

My name is Irene Kouretsos, and I am a TESOL professor. I have worked at Humber since 2002. I have taught a variety of courses including Communications, ESL, EAP, and TESL. I have also tutored students in the Writing Centre part time. I completed my M.A. in Applied Linguistics from York University in 2006. I did research in the field of pronunciation with an emphasis on attitudes and perceptions of foreign accents.

I am a very dynamic teacher who is passionate about her work. I thrive on the interaction in the classroom. I like to learn from my students very much, and I feel that the process of teaching and learning is entwined together. For example, one could not exist without the other. For me, the greatest teachers have been the ones whom I remember not for what they taught, but for how they taught. I hope to be one of those teachers.

No comments: